This Flavorful Chinese Chop Suey noodles recipe comes together in less than 20 minutes! It is healthy and versatile. You can add different types of vegetables according to what you have available in your kitchen!
Chop Suey Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water (240 ml)
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce or dark soy sauce
- sweet chili sauce to taste
- 1 tbsp corn starch or arrowroot powder
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 7 oz noodles or spaghetti, cooked (200 g)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup jullienned carrots (120 g)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (80 g)
- 1 cup chopped Chinese cabbage, separate stalks from leaves (80g)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (60 g)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (60 g)
- First, cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- Prepare all the vegetables. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a wok or a large pan on medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Next, add the garlic, onion, and sit-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, cabbage stalks, and mushrooms and stir-fry for more 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage leaves, green onions, and beans sprouts and saute for 2 minutes, often stir to prevent burning.
- Stir in the sauce and the noodles. Combine everything. Serve immediately.
Prepare your vegetables ahead, so they are ready to go before start stir-frying them. This dish is so quick to make! So make sure you have all the vegetables ready to go into the wok, so you don't burn them between steps.
Make sure your wok is hot before start cooking. This way, the veggies will cook faster and won't stick to your pan's bottom.
Don't overcook the vegetables. The vegetables should be crispy, so make sure you stir fry them until they are tender but not so soft.
Keywords: Chinese chop suey, chop suey recipe