Healthy carrot cake baked oatmeal that is gluten-free, dairy-free, and a great Spring breakfast, brunch, or dessert idea!
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (200 g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots (180 g)
- 1/4 cup pecan nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, salt, and coconut sugar to a large bowl and combine.
- Then, add the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract into a different bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix everything.
- Next, add the shredded carrot and mix again to combine.
- Transfer the oatmeal batter to a greased baking dish, add chopped pecan nuts on top, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm and add more toppings if you desire.
Gluten-free: For a gluten-free version, make sure that the rolled oats are gluten-free.
Serve warm: This recipe is best when eaten warm. To reheat, you can microwave or in the oven at a low temperature.
Don't overbake: Ensure you don't overbake the oatmeal to not get too dry.
Refrigerate leftovers: Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days, and reheat the oatmeal in the oven at a low temperature.
Keywords: carrot cake baked oatmeal, carrot baked oatmeal