These Caprese skewers are one of the best summer appetizer recipes! They're vegetarian, super easy to make, and you'll only need 4 ingredients to make them!
- 7 oz cherry tomatoes (200 g)
- 4.40 oz mini mozzarella balls (125 g)
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 3 tbsp balsamic glaze
- First, cut cherry tomatoes in half and dry the mozzarella balls on a paper or tea towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Thread a cherry tomato half on each skewer, followed by a basil leaf, a mozzarella ball, another basil leaf, and finally another tomato half.
- Place them on a plate and drizzle balsamic glaze on top.
What to do if you can't find mini mozzarella balls: If you can't find mini mozzarella balls, you can cut a fresh mozzarella into cubes or cut small balls in half as we did.
Ensure you dry mozzarella balls before you thread them: Place the mozzarella cheese balls in a folded piece of paper towel. Add another folded piece of paper towel on top and gently squeeze to remove excess liquid. This step will prevent them from releasing liquid when plated.
Recipe variations: If you're not a fan of balsamic glaze, you can add pesto on top or make a dressing with olive oil and dried oregano. It will taste so good as well!
Keywords: caprese skewers