This butternut squash soup is vegan, healthy, and super creamy. It’s the perfect fall and winter soup recipe!
Why you will love this recipe
This recipe is:
- Easy to make
How to make this recipe
Cut and chop the vegetables, throw them into a soup pot, add water, bring it to a boil over medium heat and cook the veggies for approximately 35 minutes. When the vegetables are soft, turn off the heat, add salt, olive oil and blend the soup with a hand blender. And voila, done!
Serve topped with a drizzle of coconut milk, olive oil, black pepper, pumpkin seeds, or chopped coriander.
What is the best way to peel a butternut squash?
Peeling a butternut squash may sound like a difficult task! But no worries, we’ve got your back! Here is what you need to do:
- First, slice off the ends using a sharpened knife.
- Then, slice the butternut squash in half between the thinner and widen part.
- Turn each half to stand with the flat part resting on the cutting board and peel off the skin downward with the help of a peeler or a knife.
- Slice both halves lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Cut the halves into slices and then into cubes.
Now you can rinse the butternut squash cubes, and they’re ready to go to your soup pot!
What vegetable goes well with butternut squash?
Butternut squash acts as a base in soups, so almost all vegetables go well with it.
For this soup, we’ve used vegetables that are mostly available in the fall and winter season, such as:
- Sweet potato
How to store leftover butternut squash soup?
Here is how you can store your soup:
- Store in the fridge: Store it in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Store in the freezer: You can freeze this soup too! Freeze it in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months. Reheat this soup on the microwave or the stovetop anytime you want to eat it!
More comforting recipesPrint
This butternut squash soup is healthy, vegan, and so easy to make! It’s the perfect weeknight meal to eat during the fall season.
- 24.7 oz butternut squash, cubbed (700 g)
- 9.2 oz sweet potato, cubbed (260 g)
- 2 onions, chopped (300 g)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 carrots, sliced (450 g)
- 2 large zucchinis, cubbed (640 g)
- 4 1/4 cups water (1,02 l)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Cut and chop the vegetables, throw them into a soup pot and add water.
- Bring it to a boil over medium heat and cook the veggies for approximately 35 minutes.
- When the vegetables are soft, turn off the heat, add salt, olive oil and blend the soup with a hand blender or a stand blender.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of coconut milk, olive oil, black pepper, pumpkin seeds, or chopped coriander.
Store this soup in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Freeze this soup in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months.
Keywords: butternut squash soup, vegan butternut squash soup