These Brazilian cheese bread balls are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and so tasty! This recipe is super easy to make and only requires 3 ingredients! Plus, it's gluten-free!
- 2 cups tapioca flour (200 g)
- 1 1/4 cups cream cheese, at room temperature (300 g)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, grated at the moment (100 g)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the tapioca flour, cream cheese, and grated parmesan cheese into a large bowl.
- Keep mixing until you have a homogeneous mixture that comes together as a ball.
- Then, to shape the balls, wet your hands with cold water and scoop some of the dough to shape balls. Use a spoon to help you get the same size portion every time.
- Place the balls into the baking tray and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until they're lightly golden. Serve them while they're still warm and soft.
Grated parmesan cheese: Ensure you grate your parmesan cheese at the moment you're making this recipe instead of buying parmesan cheese that comes already grated. Parmesan cheese that comes already grated is more dry and salty than the regular one, which will not work for this recipe.
Use a scoop or spoon to measure: To ensure all the cheese bread balls have the same size, use a spoon or an ice cream scoop to help you.
Serve while it is still warm: These Brazilian cheese bread balls are best when eaten warm! Don't wait too long to serve them!
Freezing recommendations: To freeze them, shape the balls and place them on the baking tray inside the freezer. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-friendly bag to bake later. They last for up to 3 months inside the freezer.
Keywords: Brazilian cheese bread, cheese balls, pão de queijo