This baked teriyaki salmon is healthy, easy to make, and a simple weeknight meal idea!
- 2 to 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (60 ml)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- chopped chives to garnish
- Grease a baking dish with a little bit of olive oil and add the salmon fillets.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients into a bowl, pour over the salmon fillets and marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C). Bake the salmon fillets for 15 to 25 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the salmon.
- While the salmon is baking, make the side dishes.
- When the salmon is ready, add some sesame seeds on top, garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.
Ensure you don't overbake salmon: Make sure you don't overbake salmon, so it doesn't get dry and hard.
Meal prep: Store the marinated salmon in the fridge if you're meal prepping this dish some hour before baking.
Marinate: Marinate the salmon for at least 10 minutes to ensure it gets as much flavor as possible.
Keywords: baked teriyaki salmon