Learn how to make the best baked sweet potato! Making baked sweet potato is super easy, and it's the perfect healthy side dish for any occasion.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Then, wash and dry the sweet potatoes very well. Use a good vegetable brush to scrub while washing them to ensure you don't get dirt in your dish.
- Next, prick sweet potatoes with a fork and place them on the baking tray.
- Bake until tender for 45 to 50 minutes or until a fork inserted in the thickest part has no resistance.
- Let cool for five minutes before splitting open and season with salt and pepper before serving.
Scrub sweet potato's skin: To ensure sweet potato's skin is clean and safe to eat, you can scrub its skin with the help of a vegetable brush while you're washing.
Use parchment paper to avoid clean up: Sweet potatoes let out a little juice when baking, which dries on the baking tray and makes it hard to clean. Using parchment paper to line your baking tray will save you up time!
Dry very well before baking: This will ensure pleasant and crispy skin.
Keywords: baked sweet potato, oven baked sweet potato