These baked kale chips are crispy, gluten-free, vegan, and super easy to make! Plus, you’ll only need 4 ingredients to make them!
- 1 bunch of kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Then, remove the leaves from the stems, wash them, and dry them very well.
- Place kale leaves into a large mixing bowl, add olive oil, season with salt and garlic powder, and mix well to combine everything.
- Transfer the kale leaves to the baking tray without overlapping them.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy, keeping a close eye on them after 8 minutes because they can brown very quickly. Let cool entirely on the baking sheet and serve.
Dry the kale leaves very well before seasoning: If you don’t dry them very well, your kale chips may become soggy. You can use a salad spinner or a kitchen towel to help you.
Keep an eye on the oven while roasting: Kale chips brown very quickly. Keep an eye on them after 8 minutes.
Recipe variations: You can add other ingredients to season your kale chips! If you’re a fan of spice, you can add paprika, black pepper, or chili flakes. If you want a cheese flavor, you can and nutritional yeast powder.
Keywords: baked kale chips, vegan kale chips